My heart is heavy today. The past week has been emotionally challenging and draining. Last Monday my grandmother fell and broke her hip, causing a sharp decline in her health overall. She is currently on bed-rest in a 24-hour care hospice facility and is starting to fail. My family is praying for her peace and comfort during this time. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Due to travel to help with her move, then work travel, then an emotional weekend, I have not been up for blogging. Honestly I am still not up to the task but understanding that everyone has burdens, I wanted to share 5 pick-me-ups for this Monday afternoon.
- First, one of my favorite go-to sites on a bad day, ZooBorns. I dare you to not feel more joyful and hopeful after scrolling through images of tiny animals. (even baby Chameleons are adorable!)
- Proof that despite your culture, heritage, or traditions, cake wins all.
- 23 Simple Ways to Fix a Bad Day, including a link to puppy pictures. Because, see #1.
- If you aren’t up for reading, check out this video of dolphins entertained by squirrels.
- Best News: Edible Cookie Dough Bars Exist (and you can get them at national grocery stores like Whole Foods, Kroger and Ralphs).
- How do you cheer yourself up?
- Do you have a go-to website to cure a bad day?