Happy Halloween Weekend! One of my favorite times of the year, I cannot get enough of the scary movies, creepy decorations, and themed-foods! Adam and I are hosting a Halloween movie viewing party tonight and I am excited to have an excuse for all the fun food and drinks, get excited for that upcoming blog post! This weekend is also the first freezing night of the upcoming winter, which some might hate but it makes me get more into the season (and wanting to curl up under a blanket by the fire while watching another horror film!) so I am looking forward to the cold 🙂
In honor of the holiday, today’s finds (perhaps slightly more than 5…) are all Halloweeny. Enjoy!
- I have spent a lot of time researching themed snacks and drinks for tonight’s party. I love how many options are out there! Videos like this one have been popping up on Facebook for weeks. We also needed to stock up on candy, struggling with if we should only get candy we don’t like (no temptation) or only the candy we do like (treats all week!).
- There was also the decision on what costume to wear… Here is a list of the most popular costumes of 2017, or this list of the funniest costumes for couples, or just a straight up list of amazing costumes to steal. But you’ll have to see what we settled on in my recap post!
- Finally, a movie party needs movies… we are still figuring out which ones to watch but this list of the best but not scary movies for Halloween and this list of the best scary movies to stream has helped guide our decision.
- If you live near any of these haunted places, please check them out and report back!
- PSA: Vampires are not real, despite Malawi’s ‘vampirism’ mania, but pumpkin-nappers are real in Philadelphia.
- Are you dressing up for Halloween this year?
- What is your favorite scary movie?