Long weekend, here we come! Adam and I are headed to Illinois for his nephew’s wedding and then returning to Ankeny Sunday for hopefully some hours at the pool (high of 90 both Sunday & Monday!). I love kicking off a new month with a long weekend! Expect an August recap post soon, and I will hopefully move to weekly recap posts for those readers keeping track of my adventures!
Now on to the main event! Here are this week’s Five Friday Finds:
- I have recently been watching the Great British Bake Off show on Netflix (and am LOVING it) but this article discusses a totally different use for bundt pans…
- Any other young professionals out there sometimes struggle with appropriate casual wear? Summer clothing was such a struggle for me! T-shirts and jeans no longer feels right, I need to step up my game. Purewow read my mind with this article on stylish tops to throw on top of jeans! Thanks, Purewow!
- On a more somber note, yesterday was the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death. Prince William, Prince Harry, and Princess Kate all visited Kensington Palace to view the special space created in the palace’s sunken garden, which has been transformed with their mother’s favorite white blooms to commemorate her life.
- As Seen on TV: Loving this list of restaurants in Des Moines that have appeared on national television shows and surprised to say that I have only been to half! #bucketlist
- Anyone else love optical illusions? No? Just me? Then definitely do not click on this link.
Thoughts for readers:
- What are your holiday weekend plans?
- Do you use any kitchen gadgets in unique ways?