Happy Friday! It’s my first Friday blogging. Yay for my first full week as a lifestyle blogger!
Every Friday I want to share 5 interesting articles, random thoughts, or fun images for your viewing pleasure! Please send me anything you would like included in the next week! (If we have more than 5, I can probably find a creative way to combine multiple in one thought…)
- If you are not familiar with The Shop Forward, you should be! Since they launched in November 2014, The Shop Forward has raised over $1,240,000 for various charities by selling items associated with a cause. Every product sold on The Shop Forward follows their mission of supporting programs and organizations that are effectively working to help others around the world. But aside from this fantastic mission, their newest product are ‘4 Things’ Personalized Tote Bags. Guys, I am obsessed. I am already imagining my tote: Crew, Pasta, Sunshine, Max Brenner! What would you put on your tote?
- Basic White Girl Moment: Is anyone else obsessed with farmer’s markets? I don’t know what it is but it started in college for me with the Colonial Williamsburg Farmer’s Market (still my favorite!) but now I am loving the Des Moines Downtown Farmer’s Market and planning to go for the first time this season tomorrow morning! No shame.
- Ananya Vinay, a 12-year-old sixth-grader from Fresno, California, won the 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee. Vinay won with the word “marocain” (a heavy crepe fabric) after Rohan Rajeev misspelled the word “marram” (a coarse grass found on sandy beaches). In related news, I was amazed by this article on the recent misspelled words at the Bee.
- It is National Donut Day. That information is enough to be its own point but did you know that National Donut Day began as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army in 1938? It is celebrated annually on the first Friday of June, and honors all the female volunteers who served donuts to soldiers behind the front lines during World War I. Now you know!
- I love this blog post from May 1 on “Why I don’t have a 5 year plan.” Totally captures my thoughts on creating life plans! I go where life leads me. Do you have a 5 year plan?
I hope you all have beautiful Fridays and kick off the weekend strong <3