It’s been a crazy week and I did not get a chance to blog as much as planned but never fear: Five Friday Finds will continue as regularly scheduled! Expect blog posts soon on my trip to Waco earlier this week and my upcoming trip to Chicago over the fourth… (teaser: there are way too many food and beautiful building pics!)
And here are some articles and videos I found interesting this week:
- I recently went to a work meeting where the host was convinced there were supernatural spirits living in the old theater on their town square. I am fascinated by the idea of ghosts and spirits and this article on some of the spookiest places in the country seems to provide the best places to check out the possibility! (If I were a ghost, I would totally be living in Bodie! Westworld anyone???)
- The title of this article says it all: An Ohio City is Turning an Unused Highway Into a Pop-Up Forest. I love that cities are doing this with unused or underutilized spaces within their communities. The more recent focus on improving the quality of life for citizens as a means to generate economic development is amazing both from an urban planning standpoint as well as from the perspective of an involved citizen.
- I am so excited to see this project coming to fruition! Partially funded by the program I manage, this is such an interesting example of a region working together to strengthen their mutual asset. This trail is a resource for the community but it lacked character, the addition of this public art, with associated wayfinding signage, will make it a destination for cyclists locally and throughout the state. I watched the tile creation process firsthand and it is amazing! Expect pictures once I visit the final result of the first installation!
- Everyone has their favorite amusement park, typically one associated with a good memory or frequent visits, so I completely recognize my bias. But I don’t care. This list of the 25 best amusement parks IN THE WORLD from tripadvisor includes 9 from Florida (8 in Orlando and 1 in Tampa) and I couldn’t agree more! I love them all for different reasons but reading each blurb made me miss the most magical place on earth… might be about time for a visit to Disney World!
- And lastly I will leave you a blog on baby zoo animals. Because every Friday should include adorable animal pictures.
- What is your favorite amusement park?
- What are your Fourth of July plans?