Greetings from the road during Ragbrai! I can’t wait to update on my adventures cycling across northeast Iowa but I want to do the experience justice so I am not attempting it while still traveling but expect something next week!
In the meantime, here are today’s Five Friday Finds:
- This article took me awhile to get through. Reading about the 100 Greatest Props in Movie History is no small task, even if you skip the movies you’ve never heard of! But I must say I found this article really interesting and loved reading the stories behind those props and movies I hold close to my heart (think: one ring to rule them all, lightsabers, and the mockingjay pin). Definitely worth checking out, even if you only jump to your favorites (maybe the hamburger phone in Juno?).
- Now for an article with fewer words: The 2017 Audubon Photography Awards. The animal kingdom is amazing and I have so much respect for those photographers who can capture it!
- Anyone else love Trader Joes?? I don’t get there nearly often enough anymore but looking at these snacks made me want to plan a trip ASAP and pick up some goodies! Cold Brew Latte Dessert Bars?! Yes please 🙂
- PureWow’s article on “4 Fights All Couples Have When Buying Their First Home” made me giggle! While Adam technically owns the house we live in, we both did the house-hunting together and “discussed” all 4 of these! I’d say the only one that was an argument was how much time we wanted to devote to DIY… my answer, no time. Hey, if I am asked a question outright, you cannot get upset about an honest answer!
- In my humble opinion, a hot dog is not a sandwich. I’m not sure what it is, but definitely not a sandwich. That’s like calling a quesadilla a sandwich. It’s just… not right. So I completely support Kentucky’s Courier-Journal issuing their apology.
As we enter the weekend, send me your thoughts:
- What are your favorite Trader Joe’s snacks? Or any snacks??
- What was your favorite movie prop from the list?
- What are your weekend plans?