Happy Friday! It has been my first full week back at work in about three weeks and it felt so good to be back on a schedule! Our office is playing catch-up on all the things that were put on the back-burner during grant award season (which was essentially the full month of May and June). This weekend I have my first regatta in Iowa and I am so excited to be participating in 3 sprint races. If you are in the central Iowa area, check out the crew races happening all day on Saturday at Grey’s Lake!
Now for our weekly scheduled Five Friday Finds:
- I love a happy ending story, but this one takes the cake by featuring both a puppy AND male model (see photo above). You really can’t make this stuff up.
- Another reason I want to travel to Amsterdam, there are people like this couple living there and trying to make the world a happier place, one bench party at a time (see pictures at top and bottom of this post).
- For another example of “you can’t make this stuff up”, this guy had a really rough day in an ATM. Yes. In an ATM.
- I make a conscious effort to not use exclamation points in work communication but when I do, it is for exactly the reasons outlined in this article. Anyone else feel compelled to make sure their message is received in a warm and friendly way without seeming too pushy or demanding? #womanproblems
- The Emmy’s released their nomination list and my biggest takeaway: I watch too many dramas… But also I love reading a nominations list where I actually recognize most of the shows! (Looking at you, Oscar nominations!) I will be cheering for (in no particular order): Westworld, This is Us, Keri Russell (The Americans), Matthew Rhys (The Americans), Top Chef, and Fixer Upper.
Feedback from you:
- What other gender-specific problems do you encounter either personally or have seen others experience?
- What tv shows are you excited to see nominated or were your favorites missing from the list?
- What are your weekend plans?