And just like that, it is Friday again! Adam and I have a lot planned for this weekend (that boy never just sits!) including biking, volleyballing, fire pitting, grilling, meal prepping, and maybe pooling! Yep, all verbs.
Now for the main event: If you are looking for some light reading to kick off your weekend, here ya go!
- Being a Tampa native, we spent a lot of time at Disney World growing up and I continue to enjoy it still! However, as my sisters and I grew older we were interested in a different kind of experience… food and drink became very important to the visit and sometimes Disney makes those elements a struggle. While food is plentiful, it is often underwhelming and over-expensive. We have found our favorite though and have a new respect for Epcot (despite the high costs of drinking around the world…), I even put together a “bar crawl” through the Disney resorts! (Best experienced during Christmas season when you can view all the decorations while enjoying cocktails!) But this article gave me ideas and enlightened me to new bars to try! We’re all out to help each other out, right? Thanks to Gina Zammit for helping make the most magical place on earth just a little more magical!
- 72 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. Seriously. Can you even wrap your head around that idea?? That should comfortably feed 36 people if you assume everyone eats two dogs and buns. Joey Chestnut ate enough for 36-ish people. Wow. Professional eaters are some of the most intriguing and gross jobs out there… I would say “Only in America” but something tells me there are food eating competitions out there that put the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest to shame!
- PureWow always has interesting articles/lists but this one caught my eye. I only recently became fascinated with the concept of glamping when I found out that I have a friend who wants to have her bachelorette party glamping-style. I didn’t fully understand the potential until I scrolled through all the luxurious and beautiful options listed as “The 7 Best Places to Go Glamping in the U.S.”. I get it now. Sign me up!
- PSA: It is Chocolate Day! Not to be confused with International Chocolate Day or National Chocolate Day. Today is just – Chocolate Day. And I am perfectly ok with having three essentially identical holidays when they are celebrating the base of my food pyramid. So today, take the time to enjoy your favorite chocolate indulgence. We all need our chocolate fix!
- Need a smile? Watch this and remember that your mistakes today are not getting replayed through social media across the country! Also, sorry Iowa Cubs… too amusing not to share!