Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends! Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays (food!) and seeing both my family and Adam’s this year was extra special.
I am trying to get back into a routine of posting, but no promises! Blogging is still a fun hobby for me and I refuse to let it become a stress! That being said, if there is anything you would like to see more of on here, let me know!
Here are this week’s Five Friday Finds:
- In the past 2.5 years I have become passionate about bringing artists and art into unexpected places to help induce creative approaches to every day issues. For that reason, I am so excited to hear that Washington State Department of Transportation is going to have an artist-in-residence as part of a pilot program! Cannot wait to see what comes out of this unusual relationship.
- Adam and I are starting a new fitness program on Monday that has a built in meal plan and I am so excited to get back on track with my eating habits! Bringing out the slow cooker for even easy recipes like this one for sweet potatoes is going to happen regularly!
- This article on “The Millennial Obsession With Starting Over” really hits home for me. I both love starting over, but also somewhat crave the stability and comfort that comes with staying in one place over time. Adam and I both moved to Iowa knowing that it was unlikely going to be our forever home and honestly that has impacted how invested I have (or have not) become with my new city. I still find myself longing for Tallahassee and I think that was in part because when I moved there, I kinda thought it might be forever. I have started telling myself that even though we might leave Des Moines/Iowa, this could likely be a future forever home and I should care about the people and places and future of this community. On the flip side, I get excited about thinking about starting over in a new place, exactly as it is described in the article! I want to explore new cultures and see new things and try new jobs. I even started this coaching business to provide me future flexibility in travel and life. So the article takes a critical look at this tendency of millennials but I think there can be benefits of our vagabond and somewhat spontaneous lifestyle!
- My phone obsession is real. I do not have a solution identified but they say the first step is to admit you have a problem…
- I am 100% buying this journal and starting on December 1! I love the idea of recording pieces of every day and then reflecting for years to come! Old me would have waited until January 1 but I am of the new mindset that resolutions can happen year round and I don’t want to push things off!
Now you tell me:
- Do you have any resolutions starting December 1?
- What was the highlight of your Thanksgiving?