This week has been jam-packed. I feel like I have both been supremely productive and also am totally behind on everything. Adam and I decided to spend the weekend at home (originally we were going camping in NE Iowa) just so we can catch up on life.
I have an exciting announcement to make that some who follow me on social media already know (or suspect) but I am saving that for a future post. EDGE OF SEAT
While you hold your breath, here are today’s Five Friday Finds:
- Adam surprised me with flights to Venice (two weeks ago) and I think it is FINALLY sinking in that I am really going! Literally in less than two weeks I will be strolling through the streets of Venice and taking gondola rides and all the pictures! If you have been, I need all the advice! I have also checked out this article on 6 things I must visit, 9 must-have experiences, and 72 hours in Venice.
- I’ve been really into meal prep again in the house (Adam has stayed on that boat all along but I fell off for a bit) and I love these meal prep ideas!
- An old article, but who else is excited about all the upcoming Disney movies?? #nevergrowup
- Now two for my planning friends… I am feeling slightly nostalgic about working at the city level and getting into the nitty gritty of making my community better. Project for Public Spaces recently released “new streets as places action pack: tools to take street design to the next level” which is fantastic for community members who are struggling to get neighbors of officials on board for change.
- Another planning related post, also from Project for Public Spaces, 10 ways to embrace open streets in your city. Some of these are super easy and can make such a drastic difference in the atmosphere of your community.
Now you tell me:
- What was your highlight of the week?
- What are you excited for this weekend? Or next week? Or in 6 months??
Eventually this blog will be more than just Five Friday Finds… today’s high is 68 degrees, winter is coming, and then I will spend more hours inside and spill out my thoughts more frequently. You’ve been warned!