Another week has flown by and I am headed to Texas this weekend to hang out with my family, experience a little of Dallas and a lot of Waco! Crossing my fingers for a Chip and JoJo run-in!
Here are five articles and thoughts for this week:
- I love Uber. I have never tried the other options (lyft, etc.) but frequently use Uber to get around on weekends when I know I’ll have a couple drinks and won’t be able to drive home. But over the past couple years I have been struggling with the tipping issue. When Uber first started, I thought one of the benefits was the “tip included” in the app concept. I never have cash on me so this option appealed to me. I liked thinking that the driver was getting tipped without me having to hand over cash. More recently I have learned that they don’t get tips and they happily accept/expect tips. Oops. I still never carry money. So I am using Uber less (side benefit: I am drinking less… silver lining?) to avoid the awkwardness. WELLLLL, looks like that is changing! Uber is adding a tipping option! According to this article, the tipping will work like tipping at starbucks, as a pop up option with your rating. I am so excited about this and can’t wait for it to roll-out nationwide. Thank you, Uber!
- Memes are still a bit of a mystery to me… when they spiked in popularity, who creates them, why they happened… But I love them. This article focuses on the best memes of all time, and I must say, they picked the great ones!
- What would a Friday post be without a bunch of beautiful and amusing dog pictures? You’re welcome.
- This is one of those articles that addresses a question I didn’t realize I had until I read the title… “What Would Happen If You Ate Nothing But Potatoes?” I didn’t know I was curious about that question. But turns out, I am! This is a short read that goes over just why a potato exclusive diet is probably a bad idea… in case you needed convincing 🙂
- I try to not live with regret. I recognize that everything happens for a reason and that I love where I am and who I am with and what I am doing with my life. Buttttt, then I read stories and blogs like this one and I wish I hadn’t played it so safe with my life choices! Adam and I often talk about living abroad, a conversation that isn’t completely unrealistic since John Deere has factories all over the world. However whenever I seriously think about it, I panic. I do not have the personality to just live life by the seat of my pants. I want to. I really really want to be that person who is spontaneous and adventurous but… I like a plan and stability and guarantees. I like to depend on myself, to have a steady job that I am passionate about and competent in. But this blog really inspired me to at least travel to these hard to reach and unpopular destinations. My job takes me to communities throughout Iowa (and the job before this had me in communities throughout Florida) where no one would ever have thought to visit and I love them all! Each place I have been is special and unique and I know that traveling internationally would result in that same feeling. Long story short: read the article and check out Sarah Richard’s blog. She is incredible and I am inspired by her stories.
I am going to wrap up today by catching up on all the “must” to-do items before setting an out of office message and leaving town! Texas, I am coming for you!
Now tell me:
- If you could only pick one, what food would you eat for the rest of your life?
- Do you tip your Uber drivers cash?
- Where would be your dream travel/living destination?