This week has been so busy, it’s hard to believe that it is already Friday! I am finally done with travel and back in the office catching up on emails and my to-do list. Feels good to return to my routine (and coworkers!). Below are my Five Friday Finds from the past week. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
- The 25 Best Films of the 21st Century So Far. The authors proclaimed that “while [they’re] sure almost everyone will agree with [their]choices, [they’re] equally sure that those of you who don’t will let [them] know.” All this list did for me was realize that I am behind on my movie watching and I am not sophisticated enough to appreciate some of these more creative films! I did love Inside Out…
- If you are not currently subscribed to The Daily Skimm, you should be. It is my go-to for news blurbs written in a language I understand, without too much sector-specific jargon. I have been reading the Skimm for years now and only miss a day when traveling! If you are looking for an easy and quick way to get the news highlights (economics, politics, sports, world, etc,), then subscribe to Skimm!
- My sister is working with the lady mentioned in this article, Debbie Seals, on tobacco-related initiatives in Southwest Virginia. As someone who did not grow up around smokers, I have been surprised by the number I encounter in Iowa and this article further establishes why this is still an issue worth studying, supporting, and highlighting. Thanks for sharing, Noelle!
- On a lighter note, who doesn’t love to look at pictures of stars in wedding dresses??
- Trying to plan your meal prep for next week? This article has 15 easy recipes to bump up your lunch options!
Instead of working, let me know your thoughts:
- What’s your favorite movie so far in the 21st century?
- Do you agree with any of the movies on this list?
- Do you subscribe to a daily news digest? I’m always looking for a new news outlet!