We made it! Finally Friday! This week has felt impossibly long… despite the “heat wave” followed quickly by a “wintery mix” of scary driving conditions. Adam and I have big plans this weekend including happy hour tonight, wedding planning (with wine), and virtual golf for a friend’s birthday on Sunday! AND it is a three day weekend! I am volunteering with Junior League of Des Moines on Monday for the first time and looking forward to getting to know some of the members a little better as well as giving back to the community. I will talk more about that later… for now, here are 5 finds to get you through the day:
- Groundbreaking research finds that no one likes a humble brag. Shocking.
- Shout out to H&M for their apology. While I appreciate holding organizations and individuals accountable, we also need to get better at forgiveness.
- While I know better than to make it a New Year’s Resolution, I am going to try to learn a new language using the duolingo app (has anyone had success with that???)! Leaning towards Spanish or Portuguese but really any of these 9 easy options will do. Also, there will be wine, because science.
- Speaking of alcohol, who else really wants to this rosemary-infused champagne cocktail?!
- Finally, this may be my favorite article ever. Content aside, check out the 52 Places to go in 2018 from Time just for the pure beauty of the images and videos. (But the content is pretty amazing too) I might spend the rest of my day scrolling through all 52 over and over………………
Now you tell me:
- How are you spending the long weekend?
- What was the highlight of your week?