Quiet Friday in the office today. The few remaining State staff are plugging away on our to-do lists while we try to pretend we’re not the only ones still at our desks and not already enjoying the holidays… I am lucky to have a job that I love and enjoy working with communities around the state but today I am thinking of family and mulled wine and watching my favorite people opening presents that I picked out months ago!
Essentially, I am ready for the weekend!
But if you are also stuck working this afternoon, here are today’s Five Friday Finds, focusing on preparing for a new year!
- I am brainstorming new years resolutions and top of the list are these 10 habits to break… we are all guilty of at least a few of these!
- Continuing the theme from last week, here are the Winners of the 2017 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Contest.
- Similarly (I love lists…), I loved this list of Instagram’s favorite New Yorker Cartoons from 2017.
- PureWow put together this list of the top food trends anticipated in 2018… I didn’t realize spaghetti squash bowls weren’t already a thing?!
- Finally, 5 things to get rid of before 2018. This one has some crossover with #1 but is still worth a look. We could all have a more fulfilling and beautiful 2018 if we drop some of the baggage in 2017.
I want to hear from you:
- Are you still plugging away in the office?
- What are your resolutions for 2018?