Celebrating today by driving over to see my grandfather in Kankakee before spending the weekend shopping with the women in Adam’s family! They have a fun annual tradition of meeting up to get their Christmas shopping done at the beginning of November by going to the outlets. It is more of a “stay-cation” for them since they are traveling about an hour to the outlets but they stay in a hotel and hang out together for a few days. This is my first time joining and I am really looking forward to it! (Although I already finished most of my Christmas shopping… but I can window-shop for myself!)
Here are today’s Five Friday Finds:
- Opposites attract. Even in food. Check out this list of food mashups.
- The first in two articles highlighting how females have superior intelligence to males: Men in an alligator trap in Australia.
- The second: Male Mammoths Died in ‘Silly Ways’ More Often Than Females
- A little dated but I love that a local runner won the Venice Marathon after all the favorites took a wrong turn!
- This should not come as a shock but the favorite emoji by english speakers in the US is the crying laugh emoji. By a wide margin!
- Do you get Veteran’s Day off of work and how are you celebrating?
- What is your favorite food mashup?