Well, we made it to Friday. It has been a very emotional month for my family. My grandmother, who I have discussed on numerous occasions on this blog, broke her hip on October 2nd and very quickly declined in health. She passed away on Saturday, with my parents and I holding her hands. While I am so grateful that she is no longer confused and in pain, there is a Grandma-sized hole in my heart that is making the simplest tasks this week seem insurmountable. I will be getting back into blogging as I find my routine again, I just need some more time to process.
In the meantime, I am always saving articles and stories for Fridays. Here are my Five Friday Finds for today:
- It is officially fall and I am loving the colors on the trees! If decorating for Halloween isn’t your thing, here are ways you can celebrate the fall season (before we are completely inundated with Christmas decorations!).
- My sister is engaged so my family is all wrapped up in overwhelming her with wedding planning ideas and opinions! I loved this article on fall wedding trends (and love fall weddings in general! And spring… and winter… summer is beautiful too!)
- In case you’re already anticipating Christmas, here is the best advent calendar ever!
- Moving away from decorations and holidays, this article on how countries are named was really interesting! (And yes, many are after important men…)
- My mom, sisters, and I are discussing starting a book club! Anyone have ideas on what our first book should be? Otherwise we might pick one from this list. I am also very late to the audible train but absolutely hooked so would love audio book suggestions!
- What is the best book you recently read?
- Do you decorate most for Halloween, Fall, or Christmas?