It’s Friday!!!! I am at the Ideas Conference in Cedar Rapids today listening to amazing speakers talk about the future of their field and I am on a panel this afternoon discussing placemaking in Iowa. And if that wasn’t enough excitement, after the conference I am headed to Kankakee, Illinois to see my sister, parents, and grandparents for the weekend! I hope you all have wonderful weekends!
Here are my Five-ish Friday Finds:
- In case you missed it, the Emmy’s happened last weekend! I did, in fact, totally miss it, but I still love catching up on the highlights and the dresses!
- I traveled abroad alone accidentally/unintentionally when I was studying abroad in Australia. I planned a trip to Thailand and was going to meet up with a uni friend in Bangkok when I got there but she emailed me the day we were meeting up to say she decided not to come to Bangkok and was going to keep traveling alone… I must say, it ended up being an amazing trip and I do not regret at all not having her with me! This article made me consider where my next solo travel should be!
- Tallahassee is an amazing city for a many reasons but I often find myself missing some of the amazing local restaurants and was so excited that this article agreed with me and listed Tallahassee as one of the 9 Surprisingly Great US Food Cities!!
- Despite the 89 degree high tomorrow, it is actually fall (which starts as soon as PSL is available at Starbucks…). To celebrate what might be my favorite season, check out the Best Fall Festivals in each state (Iowa’s already passed!!) and see how many you can check off of the 50 Best Fall Activities list!
- This dog might just make me a Boise State fan!! (Anyone know who the mascot is? Besides the pup??)
- What are your weekend plans?
- Have you ever traveled solo? Abroad or nationally?