My thoughts and heart are with Florida right now as they brace for Irma. Between Texas’ recovery and the fire out west, our country is crippled by natural disasters. I encourage everyone to take a minute this weekend to reach out to your family and friends and remind them that you love them. This can be via text, call, snail mail, potato mail, smoke signals, or whatever way you want! Just don’t take a minute for granted. <3
Today I both can’t ignore Irma but I promise to keep it mostly lighthearted! Here are the Five Friday Finds:
- A Belgian hotel is offering to rent lonely guests a fish for €3.50 a night. Seriously. I love this. Now I want them to upgrade to puppies and kittens!
- Proof that there is a world record for everything: A new world record has been set for carrying mugs of beer in southeastern Germany. Glückwünsche.
- Chipotle has queso. I repeat: CHIPOTLE HAS QUESO!!!
- On a more serious note, here is a very reliable, not over-hyped source for the track of Irma. News sources pull this information but over sensationalize it, so if you’re wanting to be aware but not go crazy, check with NOAA. Additionally, My sister’s friend’s uncle (that’s a mouthful!) has a place near Key West (on Marathon Island) and he has set up two live cameras. As things pick up in the next 24 hours, these might be interesting to check out. Camera 1. Camera 2.
- That was heavy. So let’s close this list with this:
- What is your favorite TexMex joint?
- Would you rent a fish if traveling alone?
- What are your weekend plans?