I’m drafting this post from the Preserve Iowa Summit in Fort Dodge, Iowa! I was honored to be asked to present this morning on the program I manage through the Iowa Arts Council and the partnerships created by the communities who are part of that program. I love talking about Iowa Great Places but I hate public speaking so I’m so happy it happened and equally happy it’s done!
Here are my five finds from this week:
- It’s officially swimsuit season! Started for me last week. I’m not necessarily in the market for a new suit butttttt maybe just one… and this list is a good place to get inspired (to spend money…)
- The title of this article says it all: 315,000-Year-Old Fossils From Morocco Could Be Earliest Recorded Homo Sapiens. WHAT?! If true, it’s not the waitlist by a few years, these fossils are over 100,000 years older than those previously deemed the oldest. Big. Deal. Wow.
- I really appreciated this article. If you’re anything like me, you overthink everything. Especially social situations. I’m an introvert so I analyze every conversation and interaction I have a million times, specifically when I’ve been drinking… this article gave a new perspective and maybe now I can breathe easier!
- This is an older article but such a heartwarming story about a quiet bachelor who left behind $5.7 million to help save his small Iowa town. It’s long but it’s so interesting to consider from the human angle and what each person’s priorities may be.
- Canadians are crazy. I’m just going to leave this here and you can decide yourself!
I’m wrapping up in Fort Dodge after lunch then heading home to kick off the weekend! So ready for some sunshine and outdoor activities.
Now share with me!
- What are your weekend plans?
- What’s your go-to swimsuit type? One pieces seem to be gaining popularity!