Hello! I am The Curly Girl, or Liesl to my family and friends. This is a space created to express myself, share my life stories, and connect with others across the country and world who also live a simple and blessed life.
You’ll learn the most about me as you read through my blog posts, but here are the top 10 highlights to kickstart our friendship:
- In case you couldn’t guess, I have curly hair and have embraced it as my identifying feature since 7th grade (despite my constant search for the perfect de-frizzing product…)
- Born and raised in Tampa, Florida, I will always be a Florida girl although I currently live in Ankeny, Iowa and work in Des Moines
- Succulents and coffee mugs are my favorite
- I am a daughter, eldest sister of my two best friends, girlfriend to a ginger, dog mom for Max Brenner the chocolate lab and Rooster the golden retriever, and friend
- Every day is a holiday and my favorite morning ritual is to read Punchbowl’s “Today’s Reason to Celebrate”
- I love running, urban planning, OrangeTheory, supporting local businesses, and clean sheets
- I’ve been a coxswain for over half my life and am currently a member of my fourth crew club, the Des Moines Rowing Club
- You can find me outside, unless it’s cold (any temperature below 70 degrees… I did say I am a Florida girl…), then you can find me huddled under a blanket
- Carbs, coffee, and chocolate are my weaknesses but I am an amateur chef stepping up my healthy eating game
- I work every day to counter my anxiety with optimism, I’m a work in progress but life is good!