Happy Friday! We made it. Whew!
This week went quickly but I am definitely ready for the weekend. Adam and I are attending the 2018 Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival tomorrow (my Valentine’s Day gift to him) and I am excited to see what all the fuss is about! Iowans love their bacon. Sunday we plan to just relax and catch up on life. Hoping for warmer weather so we can take the pups on a long walk without freezing!
But first, let’s get through Friday. Here are this week’s upbeat Five Friday Finds:
- This year’s best in show was a bichon frise named Flynn at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Apparently there was a “stunned silence” after the announcement… personally I am on #teambigbreeds
- In true Liesl style, I am sharing a photo collection of the first 5 days of the Olympics! Guys, it is my two favorite things! Olympics + beautiful photos = <3
- Actually… I can’t stop there, here is another photo collection from Atlantic, Photos of Carnival 2018 Around the World. These pre-Lent festivals, often a blend of local pagan and Catholic traditions, usher out winter and welcome in spring and people were partying hard!
- This cat is #lifegoals
- Job Posting: Chief Flamingo Officer (yes, flamingo. Like the bird.)
I want to hear from you:
- What are your plans for this weekend?
- Did you celebrate Fat Tuesday?
- Are you giving up anything for Lent? (I decided not to give up but rather to continue daily Bible readings after I finish the “Bible in a year” plan in TWO DAYS!)