I’m in route to Denver for the Americans for the Arts Convention! Adam is joining me and we’re staying through Monday (the conference ends Sunday at noon) so we can have a mini vacation in the city. Work has been crazy and while I know there will be a lot of networking this weekend, I’m looking forward to attending some interesting sessions and enjoying my evenings with Adam!
Next weekend I hope to post about my travels within the state and to Denver but for now, here are today’s five Friday finds:
- Sneak peak for my travels post: I met Marie! The oldest waitress in Iowa, she is just as much of a spitfire as the article suggests. My favorite story she shared was how she once (and only once) used a pre-made pie crust for a woman’s dinner event and then tricked the women into thinking it was handmade when they all wanted the recipe!
- Stuff You Should Know did a podcast on the phenomenon of dismembered feet on beaches in Canada and then in May it happened again!
- A small rural town in Iowa is painting an anamorphic illusion of a gorge in the middle of their downtown street and I can’t wait to see it in person! Here’s Dysart’s webpage to keep up on their progress.
- It’s pretty much summer (the two days of spring quickly passed) so I’m wanting to wear all the fun nail polish colors! These combos are a great place to start.
- Next on my audible list: Children of Blood & Bone (all newly 18 hours of audio!). It’s been compared to Harry Potter insofar as its creation of a new and magical world.
- BONUS: Next on my reading list: 5 Love Languages.
Now you tell me:
- What are you reading / listening to right now?
- What are you looking forward to this weekend?