Happy Friday! We made it! And this isn’t the only post to go up this week! WIN.
This week was full of highs and lows, I have been struggling with feeling overwhelmed and then have waves of crazy joy at all of the upcoming festivities this spring and year! There is so much to be grateful for, I just need to maintain perspective. Does anyone else struggle with new year expectations when they try to take on all of the things?
I have to share that the highlight of my week was Adam’s early birthday present to me (over a month early but I am NOT complaining!), he got me a set of bowflex dumbbells! I know this might seem silly to some of you but I have been scraping by with the lifting program I am doing using the few weights I had. I really did not want to go get another pair of mismatched dumbbells so was just dealing. Which essentially means I wasn’t increasing weight like I could have been… These are such a game changer! I can switch between weight super-fast and they go by 2.5 lbs increments (to a point and then go by 5 lbs). I have 2.5 weeks left in this program and I am ready to CRUSH IT.
Ok, excited storytelling time over.
Now onto the main event, here are today’s Five Friday Finds:
- My lunchbox is ripped and stained and while I love it, it is time to move on. This list is mostly full of affordable and super cute options! (Kate Spade has a lunchbox??)
- If you are visiting San Francisco and want to visit one of the most beautiful state parks in the country, you might want to read these one star reviews first 😉
- I mentioned resolutions last week, but as we are now 11 days into the new year, I thought it might be an appropriate time to bring up tips to make your resolutions stick!
- There is a new app to help people navigate to free water sources and stop buying bottled water. As someone who always carries a bottle of water around, I love this idea! Just need to get some more Iowa options on the list…
- On Monday I am starting a new workout program that is only 20 minutes! (yes, I am also going to be doing double workouts to finish out my lifting program… but that’s beside the point!) I could not be more excited, have seen other women get amazing results, and the only needed equipment is a step! So the timing of this article demonstrating that short workouts actually work just as well as endurance workouts is totally hitting home! (quick plug: message me or comment on this article if you are interested in joining our bootcamp where we will be working through the 6-week program every day together!).
Now you tell me:
- What was the highlight of your week?
- Do you pack a lunch for work? If yes, do you use a lunchbox??
- Are you a short workout or long workout person?